yo ! sunday evening. probably the lousiest time of the week after monday morning.
Today is Ganesh Chaturthi, the first day of the Ganesh Festival. For those who dont know Lord Ganesh is a popular Indian lord and one of the most followed lords amongst a majority caste in India. Just finished with the rituals affiliated to the festival. 2 minutes into the ritual and I was bored out of my skin. I am of the opinion that believing in God is almost equivalent to blind faith. Is there a God ? A question I often used to ask my mother when i was a kid. The obvious answer was yes. You have to tell your kid yes. You cant say that there is not god, or u cant say I dont know...we just like to worship something called God. I was never a believer but I wasnt an atheist either. I used to say whatever prayers that were taught to me. I just used to believe that there is some power in the universe, which is called God.....and which controls the way the universe works, the way nature functions, the way it does good and bad. As I have grown up, seen life, the more and more I am moving towards being an atheist. Not yet completely there. But today during the rituals, I really felt that I am moving really close to being one. Recently I saw the movie Bruce Almighty. Neat movie based on the concept of GOD. Watching the movie I felt - Tough Job being a God. But then I realized it was man playing god. It aint work that way. God created the world in 7 days ( 6 actually, he rested on the 7th), so he can definitely do more than poor Bruce !
bah, i losst track...anyways..that was a part I on God. To be concluded. Coincidently, I am called God in my friend-circle, coz I have the letter GOD in my last name. :)
later....
"I was an atheist till I realized I am GOD"